Make a Donation
CCHRC partners with the public and private sector to advance building techniques and housing policy that promote energy efficienct, healthy housing. The Alaska Building Energy Efficiency Standard (BEES) was developed by the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation and CCHRC to set a standard for energy efficiency in new construction and save consumers money over the long term. This standard has been successful in reducing energy use and costs, as can be seen in the following comparisons. In addition, CCHRC has incorporated experimental building and energy systems into prototype houses in nearly every region of Alaska to demonstrate affordable housing that fits the climate and culture of specific communities. View all prototypes here.
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation Home Energy Efficiency Programs
CCHRC has worked the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation to evaluate its Home Energy Rebate and Weatherization building energy efficiency programs and improve program efficiency. These programs have already saved Alaskans millions of dollars in energy costs and will continue to do so for decades to come.
- More than $25 million saved in energy costs each year
- 8 year simple payback for combined state and homeowner investment
- 1.7 trillion BTUs saved annually, equivalent to 13.1 million gallons of fuel per year
- More than $7.8 million in energy costs saved annually
- Health and safety improvements to thousands of Alaskan homes
- More than 371 billion BTUs saved per year, equivalent to 2.7 million gallons of fuel oil