CCHRC is doing a number of updates to AkWarm, the software used by energy raters to determine the energy efficiency of Alaska homes, based on its heating and air handling systems, building envelope and foundation.
- incorporate renewable energy calculations into software so homeowners can get credit for renewables
- get AkWarm into compliance with federal standards so Alaska homeowners are eligible for federal energy efficiency tax credits.
- assess impacts of oversized heating systems and how it should be factored into energy score
- review and validate heating system calculations
- update heat loss calculations, which account for regional soil temperatures, wind, air infiltration
- look at domestic hot water use for regional variations