Job Title: Building Energy Use Project Intern, Communications Department
Reports to: DOE and SPARC Project Manager
Hours: 10 – 20 hours per week, September to December 2018
Purpose: The Cold Climate Housing Research Center (CCHRC) is hiring a part-time intern to help the communications group complete 6 reports on building energy use in rural Alaska communities. At the end of the contract, there will be an option for an extension dependent on project workload and performance. Future projects could focus on research, design, or outreach.
- Assist in copy-editing text and format-editing the layout of reports;
- Assist with preparation and mailing of hard copies of report materials;
- Assist with communication among project stakeholders;
- Assist with edits from energy audit reports, interview notes, and reviews;
- Perform other duties according to need and interest.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Interest in energy, building science, and the sustainability of Alaskan communities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience living in or working with rural communities;
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience with Adobe software;
- Experience with copy-editing;
- Experience communicating via phone and email with diverse audiences.
Interested applicants should send a resume, contact information for two references, and an edited version of this attached article to email@example.com by August 31, 2018. Potential candidates will be contacted for an interview during the weeks of August 20 – September 7. For questions about the position, contact Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-450-1762.